Looking for how to install Better Discord? Chances are you want to learn how to customize the look and feel the voice-chat app. Discord is a voice-chat app that was initially built for gamers to text, voice chat, and video calls.
Discord for Mac is the only cross-platform voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. The Public Test Build is the beta version of the Discord Client and the middle ground between the Stable and Canary clients. The Public Test Build (PTB) sometimes has features that are not available on Stable. The PTB is intended to be a way for users to help Discord test new features, so it can be expected that PTB is less stable than the main.
The chat app, however, later caught the attention of people from different walks of life. On the platform, gamers and non-gamers can create and join servers and channels where they get to meet and interact with other people.
There are communities, for example, that focus on movies, arts, self-help, as well as many other topics.
Most Discord users crave for customized themes, plugins, and many more. But it’s obvious Discord is not ready to bring those features to its users anytime soon.
To solve this pain point, as you might expect, someone came up with an extension called Better Discord. This extension allows Discord users to make use of custom themes as well as a lot more customization.
Note: however, that the Better Discord extension and other client modifications are against Discord’s TOS. Installing better Discord, therefore, might get your account into trouble.
Also, using unsafe client modifications can expose your account to security issues. But do not worry as a lot of Discord user uses Better Discord. So it’s safe.
With those cleared out of the way, let’s see how to install the Better Discord extension. Then next, we’ll move unto themes and plugin installation, plus how to troubleshoot common problems.
How to install Better Discord:
The below guide is prepared using a Windows PC. Most of the steps, however, work for macOS users.
- First, stop Discord and all its instances running on your machine.
- Head over to the BandagedBD GitHub page.
- Once the page loads, download a version suited for your computer operating system.
- Locate the path where the app was saved. For Windows users, files are automatically saved in the download folder.
- Double-click the file to run and install it.
- On the “Installation Setup” screen, tick both “Install to Stable” and “Restart All Discord Instances.”
- Follow the next on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
For mac OS Users:
- Complete steps #1 through #3 above.
- Click on the file.
- From the top-middle screen, choose “Open” and continue with the installation.
- On the“Installation Setup” screen, untick “Install ToPTB” and “Install To Canary.”
- Click “Install” to finish the setup.
Installing Themes on Better Discord:
Being able to customize the look and feel of Discord is one of the most desired and requested features. If you would also love to use custom themes, follow the below instructions.
Better Discord How To Use
- Head over to the BD Themes Library page.
- Browse the page and click on any theme you desire.
- From the top-left screen, click “Download.”Take note of the path you stored the file.
- Open the Discord web client or log in from a desktop browser.
- Click the cogwheel icon at the bottom-left screen to get into user settings.
- Once in settings, select “Themes”. It’sfound towards the end of the bottom-left screen.
- From the main screen, click “Open Themes Folder”.
- Drag and drop the CSS theme file you downloaded into that folder.
- Jump back to your themes section and enable the new theme by switching on the button next to it.
Installing Plugin in Better Discord:
Installing a plugin is as easy as installing a theme. Also, the process is nearly the same.
- Go to the BD PluginLibrary page where you can find different plugins.
- Browse the page and click on any plugin you want.
- Click the “Download” button found at the top-left screen. Ensure to save the file to a path you can easily locate.
- Open the Discord desktop app or log in from a web browser.
- At the bottom-left screen, click the “settings icon”.
- From the sidebar, select“Plugin”.
- From the main screen, click “Open Plugin Folder”.
- Drag and drop the plugin file into this folder.
- Go back to the “Plugin” section and toggle on the button next to the plugin to enable it.
Troubleshooting Better Discord:
- Run the BD Installer, which you used to install the app.
- Click “Agree”.
- From the options displayed, choose “Repair BandagedBD”.
- On the screen, tick “Repair on Stable.”
- Now on the screen, look for the area where the installer requests you to select the problem you’re facing. From the options, tick the checkboxes next to any issue that describes your situation.
- Finally, click “Repair”.This step would repair your files and hopefully fix your problems.
While Better Discord is not supported by Discord, it’s still a safe and great way to customize and add more functionality to Discord. This will undoubtedly help you enhance your voice and chat experience.
Discord On Mac Os
Remember, however, that Discord may ban your account by using clients modification apps like BD, as the extension does not conform to its terms of service. So be sure to play safe.
Does Discord Work On Mac
That said, I hope this guide on how to install Better Discord has really helped you. If anything is unclear or you would like to drop some thoughts, please do so in the comments below. Don’t also forget to share the post with friends who might be interested in this piece.
How to Install Bandaged Better Discord:
What is Bandaged Better Discord:
As we all know that Better Discord is a Mod version of Discord in common language literally a GB WhatsApp is a mod version of Whatsapp and Better Discord is a Mod version of Discord with great and unique features But recently Better Discord has been shut down and the developers have introduced a new software called Bandaged Better Discord. It also has unique build in themes and plugins that you can easily customize the website according to your wish. Ok! up to now it is good to know that Bandaged Better discord is great but How to download it, If you are feeling the same then follow the full tutorial How to How to Install Bandaged Better Discord.
Install Bandaged Better Discord:
1. Click on the below link you will be redirected to the Github page where you can download the Bandaged better Discord for both mac and windows version.
2. Now keep the file aside and download normal Discord from the official website.
3. Then run the Discord software by clicking on the application and launch the application. when you open settings there will be some basic settings like voice chat settings, appearance settings and so on but you cannot able to see Better Discord settings like Custom CSS, Themes, PLugins and so on.
How To Get Better Discord For Mac Os
4. Now right click on the Bandaged better discord and run the application you can see the new prompted window, Now click on Next and let it be installed and at last click finish.
5. Now quit the application and relaunch it then you can see whole new features like Themes, Plugins and so on.
6.If you know How to code you can even change the application according to your wish.
7. Yes, That’s it you have successfully installed the Bandaged better Discord.
How to Install Bandaged Better Discord-Conclusion:
If you are a gamer then you must be aware of this Discord and what is Better Discord but recently because of some data breach Better Discord got shut down new developers have developed Bandaged better Discord which is a cloned version of Better Discord you can install themes and plugins and configure the software as you wish there are many themes and plugins available in the market, we are going to write an in-depth articles about How to install themes and plugins in the future posts.
Visit Also: Discord VS Better Discord Learn in Next 5 Minute