Office 365 ProPlus is being renamed to Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise. For more information about this change, read this blog post.
When you try to activate or sign in to any of the Microsoft Office 2016 applications after you install the version 15.33 update, you receive a blank authentication screen. Additionally, you may see any of the following symptoms.
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac My pallets are blank for changing font colors and fill colors. I can change the fill to red because it is already selected but no pallet is available to alter that color in any office documents Word, Powerpoint, etc. Has worked for over 10 years now suddenly quit.
- When you try to activate or sign in to any of the Microsoft Office 2016 applications after you install the version 15.33 update, you receive a blank authentication screen. Additionally, you may see any of the following symptoms. The following issues occur in the Unified Logging Service (ULS) log.
- Collaborate for free with online versions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote. Save documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online, in OneDrive.
- Hi all, After I upgraded Word 2016 to version 0900 on my Mac I am now opening every document (attachments in Outlook, files on my desktop etc.) as a blank file. I can see that the header is correct so it seems to be opening the correct file, but the page is blank.
I've had Office 365 since I bought my MAC. Suddenly Word won't allow me to open a blank document or use any features. Excel is still working fine.
Microsoft For Mac
The following issues occur in the Unified Logging Service (ULS) log:
- The server has redirected to a non-https URL.
- Errors occur in Azure Active Directory Authentication Library (ADAL) authentication.
Purchase Microsoft Office For Mac
To locate the ULS log, open Finder and browse to the following path:
Note <Application> represents the name of the application that you are troubleshooting.
You notice that in an HTTP trace, the server response includes multiple WWW-Authenticate headers, such as the following:
The symptoms occur for the following corresponding reasons:
Cause for symptom 1
Starting from Office 2016 for Mac version 15.33, unsecured endpoint traffic is blocked in authentication flows.
Cause for symptom 2
Microsoft Office For Mac Suddenly Blank Word
Starting from Office 2016 for Mac version 15.33, the authentication method no longer selects NTLM authentication when multiple WWW-Authenticate headers are present in the response. The issue occurs when the selected authentication method is unsuccessful.
Resolution for symptom 1
Microsoft Office For Mac Pro
Configure all authentication endpoints to use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Resolution for symptom 2
Install the September 2017 update for Office 2016 for Mac version 15.38.
More information for symptom 1
The resolution applies when you use Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services or non-Microsoft federation solutions.
Saved Word document is blank when open and shows 0 bytes? This is a common and tricky Word related problem that many users may run into. Here are some troubleshooting methods that can help you recover a blank Word document. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can help you restore lost Word files with ease when the problematic Word document appears empty.
Check how to fix word document black error on your own:
Microsoft Office For Mac Suddenly Blank Document
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Use Open and Repair Feature||Start Word > 'File' > 'Open' > Select blank word > 'Open and Repair'...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Restore from Previous Version||Right-click blank word > 'Properties' > 'Previous Version'...Full steps|
|Fix 3. Use File Recovery Software||Run EaseUS file recovery software > Scan device > Restore lost Word...Full steps|
'I was working on a Word document (about 5 pages of a report) for a long time yesterday and saved it several times. But this morning, when I tried to open the document, it just showed up blank and said zero Bytes. I AM IN HUGE TROUBLE. Does anyone have the same problem? Why is my saved Word document blank when I open it? How can I recover blank Word documents?'
Why Does Your Word Documents Say Zero Bytes
Microsoft saved Word document shows 0 bytes and appears blank when opened. There are two reasons for this problem.
- The document has been corrupted in some way. In this case, the content of your Word document is gone, and the file shows up as empty.
- The original file showing the normal size is missing due to unknown causes. And the problematic Word file appears as blank in zero bytes.
When you see a blank word, instead of wondering how this happened, the first thing that needs to do is finding a way to recover lost Word document. If your Word document opens blank because that you forgot to save it, the solution is different. Follow the link below to see the details.
How to Recover a Blank Word Document
On this page, we cover three possible solutions to help you recover saved Word document shows blank after saving when opened. The first two ways allow you to recover Word using the Open and Repair feature of Word or from the previous versions. The third option is taking a data recovery application that provides you the last chance to recover lost original Word file.
- Word document blank when opened on Mac? Look here!
- Many users have complained about the same problem in the apple community - Word opens as a blank page on Mac. Once the problem develops, shutting down and restarting Word or computer does not fix the problem. If you also have this issue, try to restore the lost Word file on Mac to fix Word document blank when opened.
Fix 1. Open Word Document Blank Using Open and Repair Feature
1. Start Word.
2. On the File menu or theMicrosoft Office button, click 'Open'.
3. In the Open dialog box, click to select the blank Word file.
4. Click the down arrow on the Open button, and then click 'Open and Repair'.
This Microsoft Word built-in feature will then fix the problem of corruption that is detected within these documents.
Fix 2. Restore a Blank Word Document from Previous Versions
Some users have reported that this workaround is effective in bringing back blank or 0 bytes Word file. It is worth giving it a try. But note that, to restore a file from the previous versions, you need to enable the File History or restore points in advance; otherwise, this won't be available.
1. Right-click the blank Word document, choose to 'Restore previous versions'.
2. In the list of previous recovery points, choose the latest one.
3. Click the 'Restore' button to recover it back.
Fix 3. Recover Lost Word Document with File Recovery Software
As described before, the saved Word document is blank when opened may result from other reasons instead of corruption, like a virus attack that will delete the original file and show you the document in question. Under this circumstance, you can try to use a file recovery program - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to restore the lost Word document. Download and install this program on your PC and follow the steps below to recover blank Word documents.
Step 1. Choose the Word file location.
Do you know where you lost Word files? Choose the hard disk drive or a specific folder and click the San button. If it's on a USB flash drive or SD card, take one more step to connect it to your computer.
Step 2. Scan all lost data.
The software will start immediately scanning all lost data on the selected drive, and you'll see more and more data showing up in the scan results. After the scan, use the quickest way to the wanted Word documents by choosing 'Documents' from the drop-down list in 'Filter'.
Step 3. Select Word files and recover.
You're allowed to preview a Word file if you have Microsoft Word application installed on your computer. Finally, select the desired documents and click 'Recover'.