- Microsoft Word Templates For Mac Free Downloads
- Microsoft Word Templates For Mac Free Download Version
Select a memo template from the selection below. There are many different templates in various formats. If you want to use Word to write your memo then select the Microsoft Word Memo Template. To use the template for handwritten notes then you might prefer to use the online memo maker which will make hard copies in PDF or png format that can be printed and used as required. If you select this format you can customize it with your company’s details before you download it.
Memo Template Word Format
Printable Template (PDF or PNG Format)
A memo (short for memorandum) is a short written document that is usually used to communicate within a company or organization. We offer many memo templates and you can add your company details and logo to the template before you print. We suggest that you use these templates to customize your memo letterhead and distribute it to all workers so that it will be accessible when required. For handwritten memos, the templates can be printed and hard copies can be distributed. If the memo will be typed and distributed digitally then the template can be inserted into a Word document and the text can be typed onto the template (see explanation below). We also offer ready-made Microsoft Office memo templates (see below).
- On the other hand, Microsoft Editor is a free AI-powered writing assistant for editing documents in Microsoft Word, Outlook, other Office 365 software. With an additional monthly subscription and a Microsoft 365 Personal or Family subscription, you can get advanced Editor features aside from the basic spelling and grammar checks.
- With the 2016 version of Word for Mac, Microsoft offers a solid and long-awaited update to an essential OS X application. Brawny word processor: With its solid collection of templates.
- Choose from 1000's of Word templates for creating brochures, flyers, newsletters, posters & more. Download free templates for Microsoft Word.
A business memo is used within a company or organization to send a message or request something. Sometimes, a memo is sent to people outside the organization but it isn’t as common and is usually used for business communication within a company. If you are using the memo template to write letters to people outside the organization then you should include contact details to enable them to contact you. If you want to add contact details to any of the templates just click on the A icon to add text or simple add the text if you have selected the Word version.
Free Microsoft Word Label Templates Easily download free 8.5' x 11' US letter size Microsoft Word label templates online in.doc format. We have over 120 label templates to help you create professional-quality labels. Templates are in.doc format and will open up in all versions of Microsoft Word (including Office 365).
Business Memo Format
A memo is usually relatively formal (as opposed to a formal letter written on company letterhead). It is usually a short document with a short message or request (call to action).
This section should let you know who wrote the memo, who it is sent to (the recipient), the date it was written and the subject (what it is about).
This includes the reason for writing the memo. It could be just to inform a co-worker, colleague, team member or manager about an upcoming event, about something important or something that you want them to take care of.
A memo can be sent to many different people within a company or organization. The language might differ depending on your relationship with that person. For example, a memo to your manager might be more formal than a memo to your work friend.
- Co-worker – you might want to inform coworkers about an upcoming event.
- Team-member – you might want to update a team member about progress you made with a joint project.
- Manager – you might want to report to your manager to update that you have completed a task.
- Direct report – you might issue a directive by sending a memo explaining the task you would like him or her to complete.
- Work friend – you might want to send a work friend a memo asking if he or she wants to go to lunch together.
- Mentor – if you need advice you might want to send your mentor a quick memo outlining the problem you encountered.
Business Memorandum Format
The title usually reads either “memo” or “memorandum”
This enables the recipient to understand right away what the written document is.
The heading includes information such as:
Date: the date it was written
Subject or Re: what it is about.
To: who the memo is sent to.
From: who wrote the memo or who requested it (if a manager has his secretary write it for him in his name).
Cc: if you will be sending copies of the memo to other people then list them in the CC line. If you are writing a memo to all employees then write to: all employees
Add your message or the reason for writing the letter to this section.
How to add a company logo
You can add a company logo to your memorandum template before your print it. All you need to do is open a customizable version. Select a memo template and click on customize to open the memo maker. Click on the picture icon to upload your company logo. Save it on your PC or print it from your browser. If you are using the Microsoft Word memo template then go to insert image and insert your logo.
How to write a business memo
Add a title. If you use a memo template from this website it will already have a title.
Fill in the information listed in the heading above.
No need to write an address since a memo is usually hand delivered within an organization or sent electronically.
Since the recipient’s name already appears in the heading here is no reason to use an opening line (such as Dear Mr. Smith).
Subject – write the subject of the memo. It is important to write a specific detailed subject to ensure that people understand the purpose of the memo right away. This will prevent people from putting it aside or throwing it away if they assume that it isn’t relevant to them. This happens often in companies that send too many memos and people start disregarding those that they feel are not relevant to them.
Message or body – this should be relatively short (up to one page). If it is longer and detailed then consider using subheadings or bullets.
Start the message with an opening paragraph. This paragraph should describe the issue or task.
Summary paragraph – add a short positive paragraph that summarizes the issue.
Signature – this is optional since your name appears in the heading section.
How to Format a Memo
The format of a memo is pretty standard and doesn’t change much. Therefore, it makes no sense to create a memo from scratch each time you write one. We suggest you save a sample memo format (if you are sending it by email) or save a Microsoft Word memo template on your desktop so that it will be easily accessible. If you are sending handwritten memos then you can make copies of the template so that you do not need to print one each time you need it.
How to make a memo template in Word
If you are looking for a memo template (Word) then you can easily use our free memo templates to create a Word document that can be used to create memos.
Just customize a memo template from the selection above and then insert it into a Word document (insert -> image).
You can then add text to your memo.
Our templates can be freely used within a company or organization for commercial use. They cannot be sold or shared as is.
Microsoft Word Templates For Mac Free Downloads
Download Free Templates
Easily search for your template by product category and then choose from one of our a professional designs or blank templates to customize within Word.
Find a Template
Printing Tips for Microsoft Word
Here's how to be sure your product, page settings and printer settings can help you get the best print results.
Microsoft Word Templates For Mac Free Download Version
If you have Word 2007 or a newer version, follow the instructions below to find Avery templates built in to Microsoft® Word.
Note: Older versions of Word are slightly different.
- With your Word document open, go to the top of screen and click Mailings > Labels > Options. (In older versions of Word, the Options setting is located in Tools at the top of the page.)
- Select Avery US Letter from the drop-down menu next to Label Vendors. Then scroll to find your Avery product number and click OK.
- If you want all your labels to have the same information, type it into the address box and click New Document. If you want different information on each label, click New Document and then proceed to fill in your labels.
- If your template looks like a blank page, select Layout > View Gridlines to see the template layout.
- If your product number isn't built in to your software, you can download the template instead.
If you're working in Microsoft Word and your gridlines disappeared, you may need to enable the gridlines in order to see your actual card or label cells. If the template looks like a blank page, select Table Tools > Layout > Show Gridlines to view the template layout.
If you use Microsoft Office 2011 on a Mac computer, you can easily import addresses or other data from an Excel spreadsheet or from your Apple Contacts and add them to Avery Labels, Name Badges, Name Tags or other products. The Mail Merge Manager built into Microsoft Word for Mac makes it easy to import, then edit and print. These steps will show you how to mail merge onto an Avery template, making it easy to prepare for mailings and meetings.
If you use Microsoft Office 2016 on a Mac computer, you can easily import addresses or other data from an Excel spreadsheet or from your Apple Contacts and add them to Avery Labels, Name Badges, Name Tags, or other products to edit and print using Microsoft Word for Mac. These steps will show you how to mail merge onto an Avery template, making it easy to prepare for mailings and meetings.
- Find your saved Microsoft Word file on your computer. Double-click the file to open it in Microsoft Word.
- Open Microsoft Word and browse your computer for the saved document.
Double-click the Avery Word Template file you downloaded and saved to your copmuter. If the template looks like a blank page, select Table Tools > Layout > Show Gridlines to view the template layout.
Once the file is open, type your information into the template. Highlight the text you entered and use the tools in Microsoft Word to format the text.
Click the Insert tab in the Ribbon Toolbar to insert your own image, clip art, shapes and more.
Select your image in the template and click the Page Layout tab in the Ribbon Toolbar. Then click Text Wrapping and select In Front of Text in the drop down list.
How to create a sheet of all the same labels:
- Insert your information on the 1st label.
- Highlight all the content in the first label, right-click and select Copy
- Position the cursor in the next label, right-click and select Paste.
- Continue with Step 3 until all labels are filled with your information.
- Use the Microsoft Word's Find and Replace formatting tool to replace all the pre-designed template text in each label with your own information.
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to do a mail merge in Microsoft Word.
The fastest way to download an Avery template is to go to avery.com/templates and type your Avery product or template number into the white Search Bar at the top center of the page. (Your product or template number can be found on the bottom right of your Avery packaging). You can also search by product category if you don't have your product or template number handy.
Once you've located your product, scroll down to the middle of the page to Download Templates. Select your preferred software from the drop-down menu and click Download Blank Template.
Note: Many Avery products have similar layouts but are different sizes, so make sure you use the correct template for your product. It's also important to be sure you're using the correct product type for your printer. (Inkjet-only products should only be used in inkjet printers, and laser-only products in laser printers).
See the tips and tricks for adding and editing text and pictures, clip art and other images in Avery templates for Microsoft® Word.
Avery Design & Print
Create custom labels, cards and more using our free, easy-to-use design tool.