Speaker Subwoofer CAD Speaker SW320 CAD Speaker Technika SSP05. Blender, Modo, Unity, Unreal, SketchUp, ZBrush, Poser and other 3D modeling software. Torres Box Tuning Calculator is another free speaker design software for Windows. It lets you calculate box and port dimensions for audio speakers. The software is pretty intuitive as its main interface contains all input parameters and output calculations. Protocase Designer ® is a free downloadable 3D CAD package that allows you to design electronic enclosures from templates. It is the fastest way to design custom enclosures and requires no prior CAD experience. Looking for downloadable 3D printing models, designs, and CAD files? Join the GrabCAD Community to get access to 2.5 million free CAD files from the largest collection of professional designers, engineers, manufacturers, and students on the planet.
- Cad Programs For Home Design
- Speaker Box Cad Programs Online
- Speaker Box Design Cad
Loudspeaker box design program subwoofer speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
Abacus 2.1 Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
- Active filter design calculates active Linkwitz/Riley-, Butterworth and Bessel filter circuits
ARTA software real-time spectrum analysis and frequency response measurements
- BLAUBOX for DOS simulate a woofer in an enclosure
Box Calculator Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
- Box Plot 2.0 calculates the frequency response and maximum Sound pressure level for any sealed or vented loudspeaker enclosure.
- BOXMODEL V 4.0 - Is a Loudspeaker Modeling Program Sealed, Vented, and Passive Radiator systems. Active Hi-pass Equalization to 3rd order.
BoxPlot 3.02 Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download speaker building
- BOXUTIL (V2.2) loudspeaker development bassreflex tubes
- Calsod 3.1 Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
Clio 4 Demo Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
FilterCAD Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
FlexSys Loudspeaker System modeling program Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
- FRD Consortium acoustic design tools
- Interactive speaker designer design Closed, Vented and Bandpass boxes, filters Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
Juha Hartikainen's Interactive Speaker Designer Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
LEAP Demo Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
Loudspeaker Design Software Loudspeaker Design Software, The Passive Crossover Designer, The Woofer Box and Circuit Designer 4.3, The Frequency Response Modeler
Loudspeaker Modeling Program v2.15 Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
- Loudspeaker parameter model Thiele-Small loudspeaker parameter
Loudspeaker simulation software Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
Loudspeaker simulation software design and test loudspeakers
LSPCad - Loudspeaker Computer Aided Design construct and simulate loudspeaker boxes, passive and active crossover networks.
- LspCAD Lite loudspeaker simulation software, software programme to calculate the volume of closed, bass reflex and band pass cabinets
MacSpeaker 1.6 Loudspeaker box design program speaker enclouser building calculator software, free download
Multimedia loudspeaker test tones Pink Noise
NWin software for production testing loudspeakers
- P.E.T. Ported Enclosure Toolkit v1.69 speaker enclosure design program.
- Perfect Box 4.50 (CAD) program for the simulation of loudspeaker performance.
- Room Augmentation Analysis for Loudspeakers
- ROOM OPTIMIZER automatically determines the optimum listener and loudspeaker locations in a rectangular room,
Speaker design calculator online speaker design calculator
- Speaker design software speaker design software
- SPEAKER ENCLOSURE CALCULATOR v1.0 -
Speaker Impedance Calculator Speaker Impedance Calculator
Speaker Workshop design and test loudspeakers
- SpeakerWorx Version 1.1 calculates the optimum hi-fi speaker position based on your room's dimensions.
WinISD freeware speaker design software Closed, Vented and Bandpass boxes
- http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/WinISD.htm designing/building closed, ported, and bandpass boxes. Very helpful if you are designing your own subwoofer box
WinISD speaker design software
Welcome toBodzioSoftware Pty. Ltd.: We are based in Melbourne, Australia and have beendeveloping loudspeaker system design software for personalcomputers since 1990. This site is intended to provideinformation about our WinXP™ program: BoxCad,and Windows7/64bit and Windows10/64bit programs: SoundEasy and UltimateEqualizer.
“An Interview with NevilleThiele” - By Steve Mowry,Voice Coil 2006.
“…SM: What do you see asthe trends in loudspeaker design and development in the next tenyears?
NT: Active loudspeakers with equalization,lower crossover frequencies, and more nearly omnidirectionalradiation. Theymay not be trends but seem to me a better way of doing things….”.
Introducing the Ultimate Equalizer
Exampleof The Ultimate Equalizer System Configuration Screen (BBM+CABS)
Majorcharacteristics of Ultimate Equalizer system are
- Active system – allows amplifiers to exert maximum control over loudspeaker driver and makes crossover characteristics independent of driver loading.
- DSP crossover and voicing – maintains crossover and voicing characteristics with mathematical precision.
- Amplitude and phase HBT equalization – results in flat amplitude and phase responses and extends bass response.
- Linear phase – maintains 0deg acoustical phase response of each driver, which results in transient-perfect system for correct spatial imaging (realism, depth, resolution, ambience) for multi-channel sound reproduction.
- Minimum-phase/Linear-phase room EQ – removes most obnoxious room modes.
- Available with BBM bass management and CABS active suppresor of room modes.
- Remote control – via 2.4GHz wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Built-in WAV Player - with this option, there is no need for any sound cards at all. UE will create and play 'playlists' with the standard CD-style WAVE files (16-bit/2-channels/44.1kHz) using motherboard codecs.
- And also Hi-Res WAVE files 24bits/2-channels/96kHz and 24bits/5.1-channels/96kHz using motherboard codecs and digital add-on sound crads.
- Use Windows Media Player, or install other Media Players – to create audio server and state-of-the-art loudspeaker management system (user-friendliness, power, flexibility, cost efficiency and sound quality) on one HTPC.
- Removes 'flabby' or 'woolly' bass and provides linear-phase bass as commented by:
1. Michael Gerzon “ The subjective effect of phase compensation of the bass from loudspeakers is very marked, giving a much tighter and more 'punchy' quality, with greater transparency, and interestingly a subjective extension of bass response of at least half an octave. The improvement is audible even on loudspeakers with a very high cut-off frequency, such as Quad electrostatic designs. . . . The benefits of bass phase equalisation are considered, by those who have heard itt, to be a substantial improvement over what was hitherto possible with analog technology, and digital equalisation provides a way of improving bass performance without going to ridiculously large giant space-consuming power-hungry monster speakers, and is certainly a much cheaper route “.
2. Keith Howard “As I pressed Play, I didn't know what to expect: a mild improvement or a revelation. To use a curry-house analogy, I was half-prepared for korma rather than phal. But when I compared the unprocessed and phase-corrected tracks, it took only a few seconds of the latter to persuade me that here was a significant improvement. Just as Michael Gerzon described, the phase-corrected sound was both weightier and punchier, and distinctly more coherent. It simply sounded more like a bass guitar, to the extent that I almost hummed along—not something that I would normally expect to do when listening to a bass-guitar accompaniment shorn of all else (sorry, John), and certainly not an urge I felt with the unprocessed track. Still, time-consuming as it was, this experiment involved only a single music excerpt and was conducted in mono, and so hardly offers a comprehensive insight into the full benefit of bass phase correction. But what I heard convinces me that this is an area in which the application of DSP can make a significant contribution to fidelity.”
Traditional, Minimum-Phase Bass infrequency/time -------------Linear-Phase Bass + HBT (samesubwoofer)
Example1 - Full Digital Solution - AES/EBU 96kHz/24bit Linear-PhaseStereo Playback System1. The above digital system is described in AES/EBU System paper.2. Inexpensive SPDIF DAC is evaluated in AES/EBU Converter paper.3. Using SPDIF output to create a 10-channel system withDelta1010LT and concept of a SPDIF amplifier is shown in SPDIF Amplifier paper.
4. Simple, stand-alone 44.1kHz/24bit, 96kHz/24bit Linear-Phase stereo WAV audio server with ALC1150 codec is described in Audio Serverpaper.
Example2 - Hybrid System - Analogue / AES/EBU Linear-Phase 5.2HTPlayback System
1. The above Hybrid Analogue-AES/EBU system is described inHybridAES_EBU_Analogue_System paper.
2. Details of construction of 5.2 UE system is described in AES_EBU_Amplifier_Constructionpaper.
3. Evolutionary approach to expanding UE systems is described in AES_EBU_System_Evolutionpaper.
Example3 (early prototype) - Linear-Phase HT5.2 Loudspeaker System withAnalogue Amplifiers
1.Introduction - Somecomments on motivation for developing the above system.
2. Subwoofers , Subwoofer Construction - Testingof Linear-Phase and Minimum-Phase versions of a subwoofer withMcCauley 18' 6174 driver. Construction of the subwoofer
3. Front Speakers ,Measurements -Construction details of the front two-way loudspeaker. Also,measurement results.
4. Centre Speaker, Measurements- Centre speaker design considerations. Also, measurementresults.
5. Rear Speakers , Measurements -Construction details of the rear two-way loudspeaker. Also,measurements results.
6. Amplifiers , Amplifier Construction- Conceptual stage of developing multi-channel amplifier forTHX-capable, 5.2HT system. Also, details of construction
7. Setbacksand Surprises - Handy hints
8. AlternativeAmplification - Some simple examples of other amplificationsolutions.
9. RemoteControl - 19-function remote control.
10.Conclusions, Updates - A fewthings worth remembering. Also, up-to-date progress.
Ultimate Equalizer V10 has been released.....
For full description of the program features,please download PDF manuals below. This release is recommendedfor i7-960, 3.2GHz or better processors. Please note, thatour software is periodically reviewed and fixes are implementedas an ongoing process.
List of improvements in Ultimate Equalizer V10.0
1. The size of project data files is reduced to half of the V9 size. This is quite substantial change, and allows for faster loading of project files.
2.MLS system uses WASAPI 16bit/24bit drivers instead of the legacy WDM/MME drivers.
3. RoomEQ measurements use WASAPI 16bit/24bit drivers instead of the legacy WDM/MME drivers.
4. Added second version of the BBM system. The FL channel is independently filtered and summed with Left Subwoofer, and FR channel is independently filtered and summed with Right Subwoofer.
5. Current Bass resolution settings (buffer-size dependant) are displayed on MLS transfer function screen.
6. Bit depth on the input-side can be set to 16bit or 24bit. Many contemporary motherboards only allow for 16-Bit depth on recording side due to compatibility with CD recordings requirements.
7. MLS system uses the same impulse response files as SoundEasy V21. The UE10 and SoundEasy V21 programs are compatible for impulse response measurements.
8. WASAPI Debug Mode. Useful to debug sound card drivers implementation.
9. Automatically appends buffer size and sampling frequency to driver’s filename. Also, appends sampling frequency to impulse response filename.
10. Compiled and tested on Windows 10/64bit.
The UE includess inverse-HBT equalization, time-inverse processing that eliminates phasedistortion, crossover filtering, and partitioned convolution.Equalization of the individual drivers’ response to the userspecified acoustic target is performed automatically with theclick of a button. The outcome is a transient perfectspeaker system with flat amplitude and phase responsesthat faithfully reproduces any input signal relative to thedesign point, as demonstrated by the ability of thespeaker system to play undistorted square waves.Shelving and notch filters are included to voice the speaker toother than ruler flat response and the time-inverse processingand be switched on or off as desired. Recommended sound card isLynxAES16 and Delta1010LT (capable of WASAPI technology inExclusive Mode). This stand-alone, fully self-containing programincludes ALL functions, that you need to createyour 'DSP-on-PC' system. The UE-PC incorporates RoomEqualizer and large 5.1 Home Theatre option (8in/16out).The program includes self-starting option, so you can arrangeyour PC to start running UE on power-up, and thus have the wholeprogram up and running by pressing 'Power ON' button onyour PC case. Latest release includes 19-function remotecontrol via wireless keyboard.
Ultimate Equalizer V5.0-V10.0 files:UE_ManualWASAPII- Complete manual for UltimateEqualizer V5 - WASAPI
UE_Manual MME- Manual's Addendum for Ultimate Equalizer V5 - MME,MME-LiteUE_Manual_Digital- Manual's Addendum for Ultimate Equalizer V6 - DigitalUE 7 Manual Digital- Manual's Addendum for Ultimate Equalizer V7 - DigitalUE 8 Manual Digital
- Manual's Addendum for Ultimate Equalizer V8 - DigitalUE 9 Manual Digital - Manual's Addendum for Ultimate Equalizer V9 - Digital
UE 10 Manual Digital - Manual's Addendum for Ultimate Equalizer V10 - Digital
Example of exported files areehere.
Copy Protection:USB dongle..
UltimateEqualizer in AESUltimateEqualizer in AES
Ultimate Equalizer was presented to AES Melbourne Section on14th April 2014. Report (including PDF file with thepresentation) is available from this AES website:
http://www.aesmelbourne.org.au/2014/04/19/meeting-report-april2014/and this website: http://www.aes.org/sections/reports/?ID=1567
Selectedpapers related to Ultimate Equalizer Technology are listed below
1. For a short introduction to the program,please read 'UltimateEqualizer Technology' paper.
2. Example of an audio server + UE systemutilizing several input sourcesis shown in Signal Routing Example paper.paper.
3. Using audio server + UE with SPDIF to create full-digital,96kHz/24bit stereo chain is explained in UE4And SPDIF paper.paper.
4. SNR in motherboard codec is examined in Computers And SNR paper..
5. Loudspeaker design in 3D - frequency, time, space is reviewedin AttributesOf Linear-Phase Loudspeakers paper.
6. Pre- and Post-ringing of the Impulse Response are reviewed in Pre- And Post-RingingOf Impulse Response paper and thispaper.
7. PC motherboards with 2 / 3 / 4 PCI slots, 8-channel audiocodec, LGA1366 / LGA1155 / LGA2011 sockets are reviewed in PC Motherboards paper.
8. Some comments on AES Technical Council DocumentAESTD1001.1.01-10 are presented in AES_Document_Comments paper.
9. Brief comparison between a DSP equalized loudspeaker and apopular waveguide loudspeaker is shown in Frequency_Time_Evaluationpaper.
10. Phase Errors due to Digitization are explained in Digitization Errors paper.
11. On-axis and off-axis performance of DSP equalizedloudspeakers are reviewed in HT_Loudspeakers_SPL_Polar_Comparisonpaper.
12. Latency in SPDIF DACs is examined in Latency_In_SPDIF_DACs paper.
13. Issues in Inverse Filters are discussed in Comments_On_Kirkeby_Methodpaper.
14. 8digital LPCM channels from motherboard paper.
15. Perfecting 'Punch' is ashort paper discussing this important characteristic ofloudspeaker system.
The Ultimate Equalizer is availablefrom Bodzio Software Pty. Ltd. for $150 - please see the email atthe bottom of this site.
Ultimate Equalizer bundled files release for SoundEasy are:UE_Files , UE_Help_Files , UE_Rockey4 , UE_Rockey4ND , UltimateEqualizer_Rockey4 , UltimateEqualizer_Rocke4ND
SoundEasy is a powerful and quite large program. It is impossible to present all of it's 80+ screens and dialogue boxes in this space, so only a small number of example screens are shown below.
Subset of CAD screens and TABs Selection of Enclosure Design screens and TABs
Post-Processing - example of screens and TABs in EasyLab measurement section Spectrum Analyser screen - one of the EasyLab tools.
Non-Coherence Distortion screen One of the Non-Linear Distortion screens
System Design screen - viewing from +/-90deg angle horizontally and vertically Managing the location of drivers on front baffle
Minimum-Phase Extraction System also showing an example of misplaced start of the FFT window in MLS measurement system.
ESS meaurement system screen and TABs
A very simple example of Finite Element Method used to calculate room resonances and frequency response of a source and mike placed in arbitrary room locations.
Wavelet Analysis-------------------------------------- STFT Analysis------------------------------------- CSD Analysis ------------------------------ Differential CSD Analysis
Minimum Phase Extraction using Guiding Filter and HBT for Woofer (Left) and Tweeter (Right). Pink - measured SPL, Thin Blue - HBT, Thin Pink - Guiding Filter, Green - measured Phase
Minimum Phase Extraction using Inverse Hilbert-Bode Transform (blue curve). Peak Power Dissipation Ratio
-90......+90deg Disperssion Plots presented in Circular Coordinates as Standard and Normalized Plots
SoundEasy v26 has been released......
SoundEasy + EasyLab system is acomplete modelling and measurementsoftware package. ( for full description of the program features, pleasedownload the PDF manual below )
SoundEasyoperatesin time and frequency domains and models the complete design andadvanced (Phase/SPL/Zin - constrained)optimisation process of multi-way loudspeaker system, includingWMTMW arrays. The program allows for a complete characterisationof all drivers, including complex transfer function for soundpressure (amplitude frequency response) and input impedance. Directdata import functions from PC-based measurement systemsare included. SoundEasy will even tell you if your imported phaseis correct and will help you to correct it (using Hilbert-BodeTransform, HBT, during the import). Enclosure design includes13 types of enclosures,including H/U Dipoles and handlesmultiple driver configurations. Up to 4 identical drivers can beplaced on the front panel to analyse diffraction distortion andmutual radiation impedance.Large-signal analysisisprovided and includes: BL(x) and Cas(x) non-linearity, portcompression and thermal power compression effects. OurNEW, full-screen, scrollable,re-sizable CADsection of theprogram, handles all electronics of the passive/active systemsuch as: complete and detailed passive or active crossoverdesign, and time/frequency/impedance compensation circuits. TheCAD system allows you to include advanced DSP components, like LinearPhase Filters, Time Delay Elements, andour own Super-Components, Mega-Componentsand Modular Crossover concepts, none of which can beimplemented in standard, passive crossovers. 100 of popularfilter/crossover types are built-in. Finally, complete systemresponses are obtained by taking into account mutual 3D alignmentof the drivers on the front panel, includingoff-axis simulations, tiltingand rotating drivers. As theRay-Tracing Methods are really not suitable for low-frequency(below 300Hz) room modelling, we have implemented extensiveevaluation of room and car cabin acoustics using Image Method andthe powerfulFiniteElement Method for complex room geometries - ideal for 4sub-woofer placement evaluation, including two dipole subwoofers. The FEM includes modelling ofabsorption at each node and allows you to include openedwindows, carpets, heavy drapes, (any size) etc. in youranalysis. The program is quite large. It contains over 80plotting screens/control boxes for modelling various designprocesses and a number of 'calculators' for performingspecific modelling functions. There are also numerous dialogueboxes for customizing plotting and display functions. The programincludes support for design and optimization of Transient Perfectcrossovers. Small-Thiele loudspeaker model has been expanded byusing FEM to model enclosureresonant modes. Non-Coherence Analysis is included and Minimum-Phase Extraction is based on iHBT and Curve-Fitting Algorithm. Peak Power Dissipation ratio displayed.
1. CAD-based Digital Equalizer has been implemented to enable perfect filtering withsimultaneous equalization of ANY irregularities of SPL responsecurve. This has been accomplished by modifying the targetedfilter transfer function by the inverse SPL response of thedriver, and at the same time cancelling the parasitic'tails'of the SPL using Hilbert-Bode Transform. OurEqualizer allows you to audition your favorite audio-CD via thesound card and also includes simulating propagation delays due todifferent spatial location of the acoustic centers of drivers.This feature is significantly more advanced than typical DigitalFilter - see SoundEasy Reference Manual, Chapter 9 for details.Filters and Equalizers up to 2x4-way can be constructed andevaluated with suitable, MME-compliant sound card.
2.Digital Room Equalizer (DRE) allows you to step out of the loudspeaker box anddo something constructive with your room acoustic. The DRE is aHBT-based, minimum-phase equalizer, designed to put 'finaltouches' on your room transfer function. It includesfull-screen SPL pixel editor for precise modifications to yourmeasured SPL curves and other processing tools. Please seeSoundEasy Reference Manual, Chapter 19 for details. Will run onmost 16-bit, full duplex, stereo sound cards.
3.System Phase Equalizer works with already built loudspeakers and allows you toremove all phase delays due to enclosure and crossover frequencyresponses. Loudspeaker equalized this way will reproduce squarewave reasonably well, depending on amplitude irregularity. Pleasesee SoundEasy Reference Manual, Chapter 19 for details. Will runon most 16-bit, full duplex, stereo sound cards.
4.Advanced System Phase Equalizer. In addition to (3), the Advanced System PhaseEqualizer also equalizes the amplitude response of theloudspeaker system. When operated with a loudspeaker system, youwill be able to flatten the amplitude AND phase of the completesystem. Loudspeaker equalized this way will reproduce square waveperfectly. Please see SoundEasy Reference Manual, Chapter 19 fordetails. Will run on most 16-bit, full duplex, stereo soundcards.
5.Bass Synthesizer. This is a sub-octave bass synthesizer generating firstsub-harmonic of the lowest bass note present in the musicmaterial played through the synthesizer. The resulting bassoutput is user adjustable and is perfect way to give yoursubwoofers something to do. You can also write your own WAVfiles, while the bass synthesizer is working, so you can modifyyour favourite music, giving it tonal balance of your choice.Please see SoundEasy Reference Manual, Chapter 19 for details.Will run on most 16-bit, full duplex, stereo sound cards.
Cad Programs For Home Design
6.Digital Filter (FIR implemented as Fast Linear Convolution, and alsoas Partitioned Convolution ) function has been provided forauditioning your crossover design via sound card. Ourimplementation includes simulating sound propagation delays dueto different spatial location of the acoustic centres of drivers.You can also write your own, and read WAVfiles. Please see SoundEasyReference Manual, Chapter 9 for details. Filters and Equalizersup to 2x4-way can be constructed and evaluated with suitable,MME-compliant sound card.
EasyLab - Advanced is an expanded section of the SoundEasy program,dedicated to frequency and time domain measurements of the driverand room acoustics. The system incorporates digital (MLSand pre-emphasized MLS) and analogue (ESS) measurement system thathas been implemented for measuring SPL and Zin. Both methodsinclude powerful post-processing functions, including amplitude/timezoom-in on Impulse Response, scroll ImpulseResponse and analog input buffer, HB Transformfor easy determination of acoustic center of thedriver. Dual Channel Oscilloscope with built-in6 signal generators: Sine Wave, Square Wave, Pink Noise,White Noise, Two-Tone and Tone-Burst.Next, Spectrum Analyser with various screencontrol option (including WarpedFFT), THD display, and the sameset of signal generators. Cumulative Spectra Decay (CSD)Analyser now includes Tone-Burst Waterfallsas well.There is also a Small-signal(T/S) and Qb extraction screen using Delta Mass andDelta Compliance methods, RLC Measurement screen,Distortion Analyser, including estimation ofnon-linear coefficients of BL(x), K(x) and Le(x)using truncated Volterra series expansion method, and finally,advanced Non-linear Parameter Measurement screenand modeller based on driver's differential equations andnumerical differentiation. EasyLab employs extensively MLS-typeof test signals, Hilber-Bode Transforms and curve-fitting methodsin it's measurement system. 'Curve Arithmetic'function for Digital and Analogue measurement functions is alsoprovided. Your SPL field measurements can be saved as a raw-datafiles, so that you can perform all post-processing andpresentation functions later, at your convenience - see SoundEasyReference Manual, Chapter 16 & 17 for details. Tone bursttesting method is also implemented. The next addition to theEasyLab system is RT60 measurement capability.The system incorporates Schoeder Backward Integrationand two methods for noise reduction: Truncated andSubtracted. THD/IMD measurement system and Cepstral Deconvolution have been added recently, and finally, a Matching Filter Techniquehas been implemented, in this release. CepstralDeconvolution and Matching Filter Technique both allowreconstruction of measured, echo-contaminated, low-frequencyresponse of a loudspeaker system. Non-Coherence Distortion analysis, CSD Differential plots and Large Signal Impedance Measurements are the latest additions to EasyLab section.
BoxCadisa sophisticated software tool (separate program) focused onenclosure analysis using acoustic impedance models and electricalimpedance models - highly recommended for advanced designers. 10models are built-in for your convenience, but you can letyour imagination fly and invent an esotheric enclosure andanalyse it using BoxCad -unlike using other loudspeakermodeling programs, you are NOT restricted to built-in enclosuremodels. Again, frequency and timedomain analysis is available. The results of the analysis can becombined with active/passive circuits designed with built-inelectronic CAD system. And yes!, you can model PassiveRadiator Band-Pass enclosures of any type with BoxCad.If you are concerned with vent non-linearitiy during turbulentflow - perhaps PR system will satisfy your requirements. And howabout an Acoustic Cannon ?.
RecommendedSound Cards or Digital Crossovers1.Legacy cards: Layla 24, Darla 24 and Gina from Echo Digital. (MME)
For EasyLab measurement system -you will need full duplex, 16/24-bit sound card, such as
.2.Delta410 (MME), Delta1010LT from M-Audio (MME, also WASAPI).
3.Motherboard Realtek audio codecs such as ALC115, ALC 889, and much more (MME, also WASAPI)
4.USB ASUS Xonar U7 (MME)
5.USB RME Babyface Pro (MME)
6.USB Focusrite 2i2 gen2 (MME)
7.Behringer UCA202 (MME, also WASAPI + Windows10)
8.ZOOM UAC-2 USB3 Audio Converter (MME)
For Digital Filter and DigitalEqualizer - we recommend more advanced cards such as,Delta 410, Delta1010LT from M-Audio, FireWire 410, from M-Audio,Layla24, Darla24, Gina from Echo Digital Audio will provide youwith 2-in and 8-out configuration. Many standard sound card canalso be used for 1x2-way system emulation
For Modular Crossover - we also recommendmore advanced cards such as, Delta 410, Delta1010LT from M-Audio,FireWire 410, from M-Audio, Layla24, Darla24, Gina from EchoDigital Audio will provide you with 2-in and 8-out configuration.Also, you can remotely program Behringer DCX2496 (V1.14)Digital Crossover using this functionality.
The V26 release is our most powerful and easyto use upgrade to date and introduces a number of significantchanges. This release is recommended for i7-960, 3.2GHz (or better)processors. Contemporary processors are typically much better then the recommended one. Please note, that our software is periodicallyreviewed and fixes are implemented as an ongoing process.Subsequent Reference Manual changes are uploaded to thiswebsite.
Listof improvements in SoundEasy V26
- User adjustable Pivot Point for microphone Polar Plots
- Added manually editable microphone location on Diffraction Front Baffle.
- Added calculation of off-axis diffraction and presentation as Polar CSD plots.
- Added animation to show mike position movement during automated Polar Plot simulations.
- Improved visual resolution of the CD plots by factor of 2.
- Added Circular CD plots presentation.
- “I have data” red LED light up automatically when running polar plot simulations.
- DI calculated for the Pivot Point for both H/V configurations.
- Fixed a bug in Family Plots function for enclosures.
- Implemented “normalized” display for CD plots in Circular coordinates.
- Added animation to show mike position movement during automated DI simulations.
- Improved calibration of DI.
- Fixed overlapping labels on enclosure “Compare” screen, and improved curve colouring scheme.
- Implemented “Cancel” loading option for driver/project file created with different frequency range.
- Implemented “normalized” display for CD plots in XY coordinates.
- Increased Front Baffle size to X=603cm and Y=806cm.
- Fixed “shorted component” bug CAD schematic section.
- Streamlined the process of loading Project Files and removed one warning message.
- Fixed enclosure braces look in 3D plots in System Module.
- Fixed MLS impulse response display location when the time scale is scrolled.
- Inverted CD Polar plots scale.
- Removed “Clear” Comparison Tab function from the Enclosure and Transfer Function Tabs.
- New Plotting Options for CAD and System Modules.
- Fixed ESS impulse response display location when the time scale is scrolled.
- “Clear” button in Frequency Plotting System TAB disengaged from clearing Target curves.
- DF and DE functions respond to “short” and “open” component functions.
- Added “+Diffraction” and “-Diffraction” buttons to add/subtract diffraction in Driver Editor functions.
- Improvements in built-in FEM models.
- Expanded SPL/Phase and Zin/Phase capabilities.
- Updated User Manual
Copy Protection: USB dongle.
SoundEasyDesign Guide by John Kreskovsky, is now available from Music andDesign - http://musicanddesign.speakerdesign.net/This is a 'must read'for anyone interested in SoundEasy program and loudspeaker designand measurement.
Chapter 1 - Introduction - Overview of theprogram and general specs
Chapter 2 - Operation - Entering data, using CADand general operation
Chapter 3 - Background - Acoustical tools neededfor this program
Chapter 4.1 - Theory - Enclosures - 10 enclosuresdetailed acoustical impedance schematics
Chapter 4.2 - Theory - Enclosures
Chapter 4.3 - Theory - Enclosures
Chapter 4.4 - Theory - Enclosures
Chapter 5 - Powered Subwoofer - Design exampleof powered subwoofers
Chapter 6 - Examples - Just a couple of examples
SoundEasy V26 Reference Manual:
Chapter_1 - Introduction - Overview of theprogram and software functions performed. NEW
Chapter_2 - Editor Screen - Entering driver'sdata, complex transfer function, impedance models used,suspension systems, enclosure dimensions. NEW
Chapter_3 - Importing Data Files - IMP, CLIO,LMS, DAAS32, MLSSA, includes exporting data as well.
Chapter4.1, Chapter_4.2 - Enclosure Design Screen - 13 typesof enclosures, small and large signal analysis, lots of plots.NEW, NEW
Chapter_5 - Enclosure Optimization - Sealed,vented and band-pass enclosure optimizations.
Chapter_6 - Enclosure Response To Rectangular Function- 13 enclosures in time domain, includes impulse, square wave.
Chapter_7 - Car Acoustics - Finite ElementMethod (FEM) used to solve low-frequency car interior problems
Chapter_8 - Using CAD System - Introduction toour powerful, full-screen electronic CAD system. NEW
Chapter_9- Filter And Crossover Design -Passive / active / digital FIR networks, built-in filters, LinearPhase Filters, MC, crossovers and networks.
Chapter_10 - Filter And Crossover Optimization -Advanced optimization of filters or complete crossover. IncludesConjugate impedance Opt. NEW
Chapter_11 - Crossover In Time Domain - Timedomain response of the crossover/filter
Chapter_12- System Response Module - 3Dplacement of drivers on front baffle, off-axis simulation andtilting drivers, vertical and horizontal plots. NEW
Chapter_13 - System Optimization - Completesystem optimization, including off-axis and tilting drivers.
Chapter_14 - Room Acoustics - Image Methodemployed in low-frequency range to solve speaker placement. Alsosome theory.
Chapter_15 - Finite Element Method - FEM theoryand several of applications of this method to predict speakerplacement in non-rectangular rooms.
Chapter_16.1 , Chapter_16.2 , Chapter_16.3 - EasyLab Advanced [Linear] -Operation of all analogue and digital measurement screens Goodexamples of HB Transform usage . NEW
Chapter_17 - EasyLab Advanced [Non-Linear] - Twomethods for extracting non-linear parameters and one non-linearmodeller.
Chapter_18 - Recommended Design Sequence - Goodoverview of processes and program's applicability. Also, somecomputer issues discussed.
Chapter_19 - DSP section.
You are also warmlyinvited to join our user group: https://soundeasy.chadgray.info/forum/Upgrades from V23 / 24 / 25 are availabledirectly from Bodzio Software via email. Please contact us viaemail for your own copy. Payments options are explained in moredetails on the User's eGroup site.
Here are some of theusers of SoundEasy package: 1. John Kreskovsky, is hosting'Music and Designn' website with anumbers of references to SoundEasy. Please visit: http://musicanddesign.speakerdesign.net/
2. Chad Gray, invites you to visit http://chadgray.info/soundeasy,where you can find cool SoundEasy tutorials he has made. Chad canhelp you with woodworking too.
3. John Krutke from from'Zaph Audioo' http://www.zaphaudio.com
is another skilled user of SoundEasy.
4. Georgee Soong
is a very active member of our User's Group. Please vist his http://augene.blogspot.com/5. Marius Tanasescu has new and very informative website explaining in-details many features implemented in SoundEasy: http://audiojudgement.com/
Distributors ofSoundEasy and BoxCad programs are:
1. Golden AgeMusic AB, Vitalisgaten 23, S-441 43 Alingas, Sweden. Phone: +46 322 66 5050, Fax: +46322 66 5051
2.AKKUS, ul. Rzeznicka 12H, 84-200Wejherowo, Poland. Phone: +48 501 173 793, Fax: +48 586 774 036
3. E.A.M. - EletroAcústica Mass , RuaVinte e Um de Abril, 850 - Center, 15801-170 - Catanduva - EstateSao Paulo, Brazil. Phone: +55 17 3523 2728
4. Parts Express Inc., 725 Plesant Valley Dr. Springboro, OH 45066, USA. Phone: +937-743-3000, Fax: +937-743-1677
5. Roppongi KougakuLimited,4-4-11, Roppongi,Mianto-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN.Phone: +81-3-3402-5567, Fax: +81-3-3-3402-5563
6. Cyrus SystemsTechnology Limited,PO Box2-90, Taichung, Taichung City 40399, TAIWAN R.O.C.,Phone:+886-4-2531-2506, Fax: +886-4-2531-8884
With our thanks to the SpeakerBuilder, Voice Coil and audioXpresspublishers, you can now enjoy some of our articles on-line.1. 'Active Equalisation of Loudspeakers
' in Speaker Builder
,Issue 2 1997, based on BoxCad V1.1 capabilities..
2. 'ComputerizedLoudspeaker Placement Part I' in SpeakerBuilder, Issue 1 1998, based on SoundEasy V3.00.
3. 'ComputerizedLoudspeaker Placement Part II' in SpeakerBuilder, Issue 4 1998, based on SoundEasy V3.10.
4. 'LowFrequency Acoustics of the Open Plan House
'. Based on SoundEasy V3.20.
5. 'LoudspeakerDiffraction Distortion and Radiation Impedance
' in Voice Coil,
Volume13, Issue 9, 1999. Based on SoundEasy V3.20
6.'The AutoPassenger Compartment as a Listening Room
'. Published in Speaker Builder
,Issue 1, 2000. Based on SoundEasy V3.30.
7.' How Good IsYour Port'. Published in audioXpress,September 2001.
8.'SubwooferPlacement in NonRectangular Rooms'.Published in audioXpress, Issue 9,September 2002.
9.'Multi-WayTransient Perfect Crossovers'.Some ideas on implementing transient perfect crossovers inSoundEasy
10. 'Acoustic Centre Evaluation'.Locating AC using Hilbert-Bode Transform.
11. 'ConeBreak-Up Effects'. Modelling ofcone break-up using FEM.12.
'TS Extraction Accuracy'.Discussion of some aspects of TS parameters extraction.13. 'Synthesized Bass'. in audioXpress,Volume 41, Number 3, March 201014. '
Speaker Box Cad Programs OnlineA Loudspeaker That Can Play Square Waves?
'. in audioXpress,
Volume41, Number 6, June 201015. Break_Up_InvestigationMeasurement Phase investigation in the break up region.16. ApproximateMinimum-Phase measurements ofloudspeaker's phase response.17. Adaptive Windows in MLSmeasurements.18. MLS_Vs_Sine Possiblecalibration process for MLS system.19. Single-Channel Measurement option in MLS isdiscussed in this paper SingleChannel Measurement System
Speaker Box Design Cad
20. Loudspeaker system phase response is discussed inSystem_Phase_Response short paper.
21. Inverse Hilbert-Bode Transform and its application.
22. Diffraction Model in SoundEasy V26 short paper.
23.Modelling Diffraction Part II. V26 short paper.
BodzioSoftware Pty. Ltd.,
ABN91 507 372 505
(Postal address available upon email request)
Phone: +61 419 300 158
Copyright © 1990-2020 [Bodzio Software Pty. Ltd.]. All rightsreserved.
Last update: 11 - December - 2020.