Add an email account
If you haven't already set up an email account in Mail, you might be prompted to add one when you open the app. If you're not prompted, or you just want to add another account, follow these steps:
Use Server Settings preferences in Mail to change options for an account’s incoming and outgoing (SMTP) mail servers. To change these preferences in the Mail app on your Mac, choose Mail Preferences, click Accounts, then click Server Settings. Note: The settings you see vary depending on your account type. Incoming mail server settings. Apple Mail is the default email client that comes with every Mac using OS X 10.0 or later. This guide will show you how to configure your Apple Mail application to access email for your Media Temple server. This article is primarily for Mail version 10.2 on Sierra (OSX 10.12.32).
- From the menu bar in Mail, choose Mail > Add Account.
- Select your email provider from the list, then click Continue.
- Some accounts, such as Google, might ask that you click Open Browser to complete authentication in your web browser.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter account details, such as your name, email address, and password. If you're not sure what information to enter, please contact your email provider for help.
Use the Inbox for each account
Windstream Email Settings For Mac Mail Password
The Inbox gathers together the messages for every email account you added. If you added more than one account, you can click the disclosure triangle next to Inbox in the sidebar, then select a mailbox to see only the messages for that account.
Optional: Turn on other account features
If your account includes support for contacts, calendars, notes, or other features in addition to email, you can turn those features on or off:
Windstream Email Settings For Mac Mail Account
Windstream Mail Servers Setting
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Internet Accounts.
- Select your account in the sidebar.
- Select the features you want to use with your account.